Care and repair
Inverclyde Care and Repair can provide free, advice and information and facilitate repairs, improvement and adaptations to homes int he private sector. This service is for those over 60, and disabled homeowners and private tenants.
Small Repairs can be provided to owner occupiers who are over 60, or who have a disability.
Small Repairs Service
The Small Repairs team is made up of two fully qualified tradepersons and provides a repairs to home owners who are over 60 or who have a disability. This service has a small charge of £10 plus VAT per plus the cost of any material used. However, for an annual fee of £40 which entitles you can have as many small repairs visits that they require per year.
Examples of Small Repairs
- Unblock Drain (minor blockages only)
- Fit new replacement waste pipes / traps & vents
- Change leaking toilet pan connectors
- Change leaking WC Cistern pipes / connectors
- Repair Radiator / Radiator pipe.
- Bleed radiators - only where problem identified
- Fit Taps Washers and cistern repairs
- Door repairs including easing, hinge repairs adjustments
- Floorboards repairs
- Internal handrails and grab rails fitted
- Repair broken window handles
- Repair kitchen work tops
- Fit safety equipment
- Fit deadlocks and security bolts
- Convert storage heater points to 13 amp sockets
- Install fused spur for ALERT systems
- Renew / fit light pendant.
- Fit security light
- Replace damaged switches / sockets
- Replace electrical fuses and plugs
- Move / Extend sockets
- Replace extractors
- Minor works associated with sensory impairment aids supplied by the Council's Joint Equipment Service
- Install additional phone points.
- Secure phone points to wall
- Fit key box system.
- Garden gate security repair.
- Minor patch plaster repairs
- Plasterboard repairs
Page last updated: 21 October 2016