Inverclyde Primary Care Mental Health Team
People with common mild to moderate mental health problems
The purpose of the Primary Care Mental Health Team is to:
- provide mental health care for people with Depression, Anxiety and Adjustment Disorders
- support primary care teams in the detection of mental illness and the provision of appropriate early intervention
- provide consultation and advice on the management of common psychiatric illness
- provide targeted, therapeutic brief interventions in collaboration with primary care teams
- provide guidance on and facilitate access to local resources and social supports to promote and support recovery and improvement in peoples mental health
This is a nurse led service providing assessment and follow up for people who have depression, anxiety and adjustment disorders, which supplements GP care. The team is supported by multi disciplinary review of people’s care and works closely with the Community Mental Health Service and Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service.
Access to this service is via GP and or self referral.
Page last updated: 22 May 2015