Follow us on twitter: @Inverclyde for updates on services over the festive period.
Updates and information about Council services affected by severe weather will be published here.
- Keep aware of the weather forecast by checking the Met Office website: www.metoffice.gov.uk
- If you do have to travel, plan your journey, allow extra time and be prepared, for example by having an emergency kit should you be travelling by car
- If the snow does lie, safely and carefully try to keep paths and driveways clear. It’s easier to clear snow before it gets packed down.
- Wrap up warm with layers, and keep at least one room in your home warm. Hot food helps keep you warm from the inside.
- There is an increased risk of power cuts during periods of high wind and heavy snow. So it’s important to take simple steps to prepare for a short period without electricity
- Remember to check on neighbours you think might need an extra helping hand
- Visit www.readyscotland.org for more information on preparing for winter weather.
Page last updated: 11 January 2017